Sunday 7 November 2010

'The Greatest Show Unearthed'

Reading last weeks Sunday Times Magazine I came across a really amazing article about an underground project in New York. Artists have been expressing their street art in a way that cannot be sold and now cannot be seen as it has been sealed off.
         '"The underbelly was a way of feeling like we were an island again. We finally had a space in the world that collectors couldn't contaminate-that couldn't be bought"'.
The idea was that it would become a kind of time capsule; somewhere street art wasn't in danger of being stolen.


Last night I went to a Diwali party. The food was amazing, the music was amazing and the people were also quite amazing. I spent most of the evening selling jewellery for money towards charity and of course stuffing my face with really good Indian food. Unfortunately, this meant I missed the yearly bonfire party at our family friends' but hopefully I'll manage to make it to both next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment