Sunday 19 September 2010

Musical Misunderstandings

This week I have been listening to the Hoosiers most recent album ‘The Illusion of Safety’ and absolutely love it. Looking up the lyrics from ‘Made to Measure’ (one of my favourites) I realised that the song is about incest!

“Such a silly thing to do fall in love with you...
My God what were you thinking of
We're cut from the same cloth”

I was quite surprised by this but I love the song nevertheless and actually prefer it now that I know what it’s about. For some reason I love understanding the meaning behind lyrics, especially when they are clever and fit together well.

 A friend told me “If I like the song, I like the song. I don’t care about the words but YOU have to understand what its about” after having explained what Tinie Tempah’s ‘Pass Out’ is really saying in the line “if your son doesn’t, I bet your daughter knows”.



Does no one else share the joy I find in knowing the meaning behind things? If you know someone who does PLEASE let me know. I don’t wish to be the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment